Please enter search criteria
ST. KATE'S BOOKSTORE
Book Buyback Information
The St. Catherine University Bookstores buys books at the end of fall and winter semesters and at the end of fall, winter and spring terms.
Our goal is to buy as many books from you as possible; however, there are many factors that affect the price of textbooks. Please keep the following in mind as you plan to sell your textbooks:
- The average re-sale life of a textbook is two years.
- The re-sale value of any particular textbook depends on supply and demand - both local and national - as well as book condition.
- Old editions have no value and cannot be purchased by the bookstore.
- Soon to be old editions (books where the publishers have announced they are replacing the edition you have with a new one) are usually worth less than newer editions.
- Book prices are determined by publishers.
- Wholesale prices are based on national supply and demand.
- Remember to bring all CD's, study guides, and other supplements that came with a textbook; having these items may increase the buyback price.
- The Bookstore buys books as a service to students at the University; we reserve the right to refuse this service to any person.
Retail vs. Wholesale Pricing
We will pay up to 50% of the new textbook purchase price providing the textbook:
- Is being used at St. Kate's in the upcoming semester and/or term
- Is needed to fill the Bookstore's quota
- Is in resalable condition (no water damage or missing pages)
- Workbooks, study guides, and lab manuals will no longer be purchased
For books not needed on this campus, but having national demand, up to 35% of the new book price may be paid. These books are bought by the Bookstore, but are then shipped out to a wholesale book company, that in turn re-sells the books to other colleges and universities across the nation.
May 11-22, 2020
A Student ID is required for all transactions!